Monday, November 19, 2018

Productive weekend!

I did the usual stuff - dishes, laundry, cooking, and grocery shopping. I did spend most of Saturday and some on Sunday working on the quilt top I can't show you. I made a lot of progress! I only have another 3 1/2 hours of work and the top will be done! I washed the backing so after I stitch it together - it is 44" wide fabric - I can get right to pin basting the quilt as soon as I am done sewing it. My plans over Thanksgiving is to put some major hours into free motion machine quilting this. The top is approx. 92" x 60" so it is not a big quilt. I already bought the quilting thread so I am ready to get 'er done!!!

My brother called on Sunday and said he was headed over to another brother's house to do one final clean up on the leaves. I needed to hand over the other nine guitar hook covers and I told him I would come and help him with the leaves. We got that job done in a little over an hour. Mike also bought a small mower from some guy and mowed the grass too. Here is the before and after of the back.

I am so looking forward to a four day weekend! I am already formulating a plan of what I want to get done besides the quilt. Of, course my list will be longer that I can possibly do!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It has been too cold here to rake and snow both weekends. Leaf pick up in my ward is Monday so I haven't been able to get any leaves to the curb yet. You were lucky to have some dry weather to work on the yard.

Kaja said...

I am showing your posts to my sister in the hope she will take the hint and help in my garden. :-)