Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Relaxing, sewing, knitting, yard work, shopping

It was a busy four days! Of course Thursday was all about relaxing and talking to family. I finally got the top done for the project I can't show you. Yeah!! I got the backing sewn together, the batting cut, and cut out the binding. I will work on putting the layers together after work this week.

I had to take my car in for a recall repair. The dealership is across the street from a Home Depot so instead of just sitting, I went over to the HD got some steps in and picked up another item on my Christmas list. I still had a bit of time when I got back to the dealership so I got some knitting done on this scarf and later on while I watched TV - almost 4 inches.


Friday I started with the yard work despite the fact that it had rained and was still misty at times. I spent four and a half hours mowing, raking, trimming, and placing rocks. Saturday I worked in the yard another 4 1/2 hours and on Sunday 1 1/2 hours. I hauled 19 loads of sweet peat mulch up the hill from the backyard where I had stored it under a tarp
to the front center flower bed and for around the zebra grass.
Here is what the edging looked like before I finished ripping out the old plastic edging and placing the rocks.
Here you can see the contrast of the rich, dark mulch against the dirt. I had set the lavender plants high so that I could mulch them heavily so I needed to get them mulched before the ground froze.

And here is the center bed all done! I did have a big Shasta daisy plant that I split up to fill in the area around the Mugo pine. I should have lots of pretty white flowers next year!

I covered most of this bed with the black plastic I had on the mulch pile. The plastic will help kill the weeds over the winter. This bed has been a complete mess for years so it is time to clean it up.

As I hauled mulch from the back to the front, the deer were watching me.

Most of my shopping is being done online. It is great not having to deal with crowds! I got everything wrapped I have bought so far. I have a couple things still coming and I have to go get a bottle of wine, then I am done!

I did do some shopping for myself and I am very excited about one purchase. I will show it to you once it arrives.

1 comment:

Ann said...

You've accomplished wonders in your yard and it seems your Christmas presents are ready. Congratulations.