I was very tired when I got home from work last evening. I was up later than usual on Wednesday night visiting with a brother from out of town so yesterday was tough. I eventually got myself moving to start sorting out the pieces and parts I have had squirreled away for this quilt to see where I left off. I found 7 blocks ready to go. Here they are on the top row and one at the side. I am laying out the quilt with the length of the quilt being horizontal. It will be 9 blocks wide by 13 7" blocks long.
To cut pieces out of the men's suiting samples I just stacked them. There are holes at one end of each piece and some glue residue at one of the bottom corners where the paper labels were so I have to cut the strips out of the center. Here is the pile I have cut
and here is the pile I have left to work with
I have no idea how many strips I have cut, but I do know I need to make 62 more blocks. With three strips in a block I need 186 strips. I don't think I have that many cut yet so I will cut a bunch more before I start sewing them together.
I did see this beautiful little fellow looking for bugs in my rotten deck last evening. I think it is a woodpecker, but I am not sure. He was only looking around for a few minutes, but he was sure fun to watch.
Have a great weekend!