Monday, August 29, 2016

Finishing mode

It stills seems strange to me that I not spending all my time stitching on the AC/DC piece. My mode now is to concentrate finishing projects that have been sitting for one reason or another and put a dent in my UFO list.

I finished my 15th quilt for the year. I just couldn't get a good picture of it. The lighting is so bad in my studio, but I got a good picture of the backing fabric when I folded the quilt up and put it beside the window. It is a Jay McCarroll fabric which I wish I would have more. It was the perfect backing for this quilt.

I finished knitted my red scarf. It measures about 6" x 72"

I finished this baby blanket. It measures 41" x 34"

I ironed fabric that I washed months ago. Yes, there are three vintage pieces that are 36" wide. There is at least 3 yards of the floral, 2 - 2 1/2 of the blue and white print, and maybe a couple yards of the blue stripe. I have no plans for this fabric. It came into my life from a friend.

The project I am currently working on is this quilt that I started quilting months ago, but got put on hold because the AC/DC and Harley quilts. This quilt is 74" X 87" or 6,438 square inches. I quilted a bit on it last evening and I am now 16.5% done. This quilt is for my sister and the strip in the middle is our Dad's clothes.

No comments: