Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Back From QuiltCon

Here is my car in the snow when I arrived back in Ohio.

Once I got to my house I had to leave the car in the cul-de-sac. I had to go put my boots on so I could shovel the driveway and move the deep snow the plow had left earlier that day. My neighbor brought over the mail and helped me shovel - thank goodness!

The event had ups and downs. The opinions I post will be my own and not all of them will be complimentary, but this is my blog and I can post what I want. I have a lot of experience in quiltmaking as well as business so my level of expectation is up there. For the time and money I invested to go to this event, I was expecting to be blown away, but I was not. There were some pieces that were well done and others that were embarrassing like this one and this picture makes it looks better than it was!

I have a bunch of photos that I need to sort and label so I will be posting about this event over the next several days.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see your Quiltcon posts!

And, your car looks pretty good for the terrible weekend we had.

Vicki W said...

Welcome home! I saw the photos of the winning quilts on their web site. A few had great design elements but, I admit, I was underwhelmed. I'd guess a few of them might be juried in an established quilt show but not all of them. The one you show should be embarrassing for the organizers. The show cannot survive if the quality isn't good enough to attract repeat visitors the way Houston, AQS and other shows do year after year by ensuring quality exhibits. I hope you found lots of cool stuff at vendors!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Hurry and get those pictures labeled and the post written, I am sitting on the edge of my seat! I cannot wait to read what you have to say! :)

Lisa said...

Interesting analysis...would love to hear/see more!