Monday, August 22, 2016

Exhausting Weekend

I finished embroidering the AC/DC quilt on Friday night as I watched the Indians game. I was up at 6 to start the finishing. I pushed as hard as I could and didn't even have time to hang it up to make sure it would hang straight. I had to drop it off by 1 p.m. when they first opened, because I had to drive to my brother's house to head for the fundraiser/gig with the band. The Art prize people will send me the professional photo of my piece, but for now here is all I have.

So we head to the gig and it is hot and muggy. It was a nice venue. The band was under a pavilion and we put up a tent for the merchandise booth. Then it rained. It stopped and rained again. I am so glad I spent the time to wash and fix my hair - not! I was a sopping wet rag by the time we loaded out. They sold lots of tickets for the Harley quilt - I don't know how much it raised yet. The winner was someone who really wanted the quilt bad. The winner was the bass player for the band! It was all legit too. He spent $20.00 on tickets and was so excited that he won. I got to bed at midnight.

Sunday morning I could hardly move. I spent the morning knitting while I watched a bit of TV. I got 9" added to this scarf which I haven't worked on in months. It is now 46" long. The finish length is 70".

Between cleaning the studio and doing laundry, I got the baby quilt for my SIL's friend ready to pin baste.

From 5:45 to 6:55 I trimmed and mowed the front yard and one side yard. I hadn't mowed in at least a month so the yard was a mess. It looks a lot better although the flower beds are still a wreck. After mowing I was done for the day and exhausted.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you got the quilt finished on time. I was worried that you wouldn't even go to bed Friday night.

We had beautiful low humidity and mid 70s yesterday and will be almost a repeat today. It is so much more pleasant being outside in this.

Vicki W said...

Congratulations! I bet mowing was a nice break from working on that quilt. Do you love the quilt are you just over it?

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I was so worried that while inward dealing with my flooded out house,you were going to sit and just eat bonbons!!

I think you and Frank would have been a perfect couple, I love the " from 5:45 to6:55 I did this. And from 6:55 to 7:26 we did that....." And at 7:30 , Glen freaked her mind out! Must have been all the drugs in the 70's,!!!!