Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The best layed plans...

I planned on getting home right after work, but I saw one of my older neighbors shoveling snow so I decided I would help her. She had already gone inside, but I went and cleaned up a bit and widen the path. Then another neighbor, who HATES the snow, pull in. We got talking and the next thing I know he handed me some money and salt and thought I would be a great idea for me to shovel his front steps up to the house. He smiled told me he loved me and I told him that I loved him to then got to work. I got to my house about 5:30 and went to work on the baby quilt. That will be a few more dollars toward the car payment. I got up at 5:10 this morning to finish the top. We got less than 1/2" of snow overnight so no shoveling this morning. YEAH!

This is the fabric I plan on using for the backing. I haven't decided if I am going to use Connecting Threads' Moss or Meadow for the quilting. I am leaning toward Meadow - the darker green.

After work I have to stop at the library to be introduced to the Open House crowd and then it is to the house, pin baste the quilt, and hopefully start quilting it. I don't think I will have enough time to get it done for delivery on Saturday unless I take a 1/2 day vacation.

1 comment:

dls said...

Love the colors and the pattern.... what a fun quilt! Thanks for sharing.