Monday, July 20, 2026
What a weekend!
I spent time making more tote bags for the merch booth. I got 14 of the 15" bags done to take to the show on Saturday which was local so I drove myself instead of riding in the van.
We got the band set up on stage and the merch booth all set up then about 45 minutes later the sky was getting dark. I checked the weather and it looked like we could get hit with a storm so we started putting a few things out of harms way. No sooner than we started and it started to rain. Then the wind picked up and the rain was coming down hard sideways. I had strapped down the tent, but one corner of the cover started to come off. We got that back on and several people helped us hold on to the tent. Then we finally got smart and lowered the tent down and that helped. We got a break, but there was a second storm coming. We put away what we could and braced for the next one. Everything got wet including all the band's equipment. We have covers for almost everything. but it was raining so hard! Finally, the rain stopped and we were all soaked to the bone. The band could not play because everything was wet so we packed up. My brother, SIL, Michael, Charley, and Michael's girlfriend took everything over to the studio so it could dry out because we had another show Sunday. You can't tell but the tablecloth is soaking wet.
When my brother and SIL got home after the trip to the studio, they had no electricity! Their neighborhood got hit hard! There were trees and big branches down everywhere including on top of people's houses. Here is some of the damaged in their backyard. One of my SIL's fairy gardens got wiped out. I took these pictures when we got home from Painesville.
Sunday morning I finished up a few more tote bags.
Things were fine at my house and it looked like I didn't get that much rain. Sunday we headed to Painesville, Ohio for another show. I can't believe how everything got dried out and reloaded! They were beyond tired! The weather was beautiful for the show. Temps in the mid 70's, low humidity, and a lovely breeze. The venue had a tent set up for our merch so that saved us some work. The booth was next to the stage so I got a great view of the show. We had a good crowd that was very receptive! I got home sometime after 8 which was early!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, that's a great view from the merch booth! Nice that they had the tent set up. That's a lot of clean-up. Glad that the house wasn't damaged. Bummer on the fairy garden. I got the chickens in and the mower put away just in time for the big rain--BUT I forget my phone in my pouch on the mower and had to go back for it. I got wet... Oh well. I was thankful for the rain.
Wow, what a weekend! How nice you were able to drive yourself to the rained out show. So glad for Michael the second show was well attended.
I hope the second show merch sales made up for the loss at the first show. I hope the rest of the season goes better without rain on weekends.
Post a Comment