Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Cutting scissor pouches and thread beds

At lunchtime I worked on cutting out scraps for scissor pouches like these
I got a small stack cut to size. I had noticed that my rotary cutter blade had a tiny nick in it so I decided to change it before I started cutting scissor pouches. WOW! What a difference!
When I got home I decided to start cutting out thread beds. I was moving kind of slow since I was still tired from the weekend.  I decided I would press the pieces I needed for the zippered pouch to size and press on the fleece to the lining piece then trim to size as I cut each group of thread beds. I also married each set with the flannel already interfaced and cut to size, and the vinyl from the parts trays. Add the zippers and there is everything all together that is needed for two thread beds.
I stacked everything up and placed them in a bin along with two other sets I cut last evening. This will make it easy to have everything ready to go when I sit down to sew. I have everything ready for six thread beds; many more to come!
It rained hard this morning at 4:35 am when I got up. There was some lighting too. It probably won't be dry enough to mow tonight, but I can at least do the trimming.

No comments: