Saturday, July 25, 2026

Pink quilt progress, Greensburg show, and Homer

Where do I start! The pink quilt. The binding is on and I have almost one side hand stitched.
I took vacation on Friday. I looked out the front and saw lots of bees and four butterflies having a meal on the coneflowers. One of the butterflies was this dark one with beautiful blue and yellow accents. It took me a while to get its picture. There were two Monarks and one other smaller butterfly.
The plumber make quick work of what I neweded done. He was very helpful! I headed over to my brother's house to head out with the band to Greensburg, PA for a show. Backstage during sound check.
The volunteers that run this event are wonderful! They helped unload and load the trailer, and supplied lots of food! They had some spinach and feta pizza bits that were so good! There were hot and cold subs, watermelon, grapes, chips, Cheetos, etc, a few sweets, pizza, and a variety of beverages. This was a real treat. Most of the places we play don't provide and food.
We had a good, lively crowd. Michaels always goes out and visits the crowd. The arrow points to where he was at one point. He went all the way to the top of the hill to visit the crowd.
Lots of people came to the merch booth after the show to meet Michael;many were at the show last year. A new fan is Homer; yes, that is a pet pigeon!
The weather in Greensburg was pleasant and there was a nice breeze. Greensburg is a 3 hours drive one way. I got to bed after a needed shower at 2:30 am this morning.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yay, almost done with pink! Nice that the weather cooperated for this show, and wow, how nice of them to provide food. Extra helping hands for unloading and loading too! What a great venue.