Friday, July 31, 2026

A little progess on TBs and PBs, and more mowing

I forgot to push the right button for my post on Thursday so I just did that. Last evening I got the blue lining pieces cut and interfaced for the previous day's thread beds and project bags. Then I started cutting two more thread beds and two more project bags out of this beautiful and very interesting batik from Wanda.
I still need to press the zipper pieces.
It was time for me to put on my big girl pants and mow the backyard. The grass/weeds were long; about 8 inches! Here you can see the first couple of passes I made.
Every two passes I had to empty the mower grass catcher so there was a lot of starting and stopping. I ended up getting over 3/4 of the mowing done. It looks like I will have another evening to get the rest mowed as the rain is not due until Saturday. I put an arrow showing where I stopped. There are a bunch of weeds down the slope I will have to get after with the trimmer. It is too steep to mow. The bugs were driving me crazy so I stopped. It won't take much to finish and then I will be done - well, at least for a while! LOL!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I loved that batik but could never find a use for it. Your grass looks good. Our grass is turning brown but finally we're getting a little rain today. Round 1 was just light rain, with heavier predicted overnight and tomorrow.

Kathy S. said...

That's an interresting batik. I still can't get into batiks. Maybe they are an acquired taste for me like lima beans. (I like lima beans now that I am an adult...) Today is mowing day for me. Everything is dry as can be here. Even though the weekly forcast says rain for the next TEN days, I'm not going to hold my breath.