Monday, July 27, 2026
4th finish for 2026, another show, and it is thread bed time
The pink quilt is done! It finished at 64" by 67.5". I used the leftover backs and a couple of gators for the backing.
I also made a bag for it. I will turn this over on Wednesday.
Saturday I was still tired from the Greensburg show, but I got myself together and headed out about 3:30 pm for a show at a private party. The house was only 2.4 miles away and what a house!
The house had to of had an acre of land. We set up a merch booth that was 75 steps away from the road cases with our stuff since it would have been hard to roll the cases up some stone steps and path. My SIL and I hand carried all the stuff we needed and this is the path we had to take. The merch booth
then down this path past where we staged the band's equipment next to the stage
the path continued
finally to the steps and our cases that were just past the port-a-jon. There wasn't any lights so when we were loading out, we had to be careful not to trip on the stones or steps. I did put on my headlight after my SIL asked me if I had brought it and that helped! Duh!
They had a bar set up
a food tent. Then a fellow was grilling hamburgers, hot dogs, and kabobs
I had a hot dog and some ice cream. People were bringing a side or dessert and someone had set out a half gallon of ice cream! Strange when it was 80 degrees outside, but I got my share and it was delicious!
The property was full of hidden spaces and nooks to explore.
Michael got on stage a little late because one of the other musicians who played earlier got back in front of a mike at the secondary stage and wouldn't stop playing. He played ok but his singing was not so good. Somebody finally had to tell him to stop so we got going about a half hour later than scheduled. Then Michael didn't get to play his whole set because he had to stop at 10:20 or the neighbors would call the cops.
The party guests were up and dancing the whole time Michael was playing. They weren't dancing for any of the other musicians that played.
If they invite Michael to play again, they will have to plan a bit better and have him start earlier! We got everything packed and since there was plenty of help to load the trailer, I went home. I got to bed a little before midnight. I was pretty tired on Sunday so I watched the remaining episodes of "Dutton Ranch" I hadn't seen, did laundry, put the label on the pink quilt, watched the final Stage of the Tour de France, and spread out the fabric that Wanda had sent me for thread beds or tote bags. Such beautiful fabrics! Most of the pieces are big enough to get at least one thread bed out of them.
I matched up the Wanda fabric with the more solid batik fabrics I have been buying. I like using the lighter solid fabrics for the inside of the thread beds. I think I have a pretty good plan and now I will get started on cutting tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment