Saturday, December 19, 2020

Scrap-a-palooza day 24 and 25 and almost done with the DNP quilting

I have been busy on several fronts yesterday and today: working at home, cutting scraps, quilting the DNP, and shopping to finish up odds and ends for Christmas. Here are the scraps and strings I have cut.
Here is what is left for me to sort and cut. This bin seems to never end! I think a couple more hours and it will be empty.
The area circled is what I have left to quilt on the DNP. It is about 2.5 SF to go.  I am going to try and get that done before I go to bed. I will have gone thru 78 bobbins of thread! There won't be much thread left on the cone; I am just glad I had enough to get this done! Tomorrow I will start on the binding. I am so glad to be ahead of schedule on this!

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I cannot imagine going through that many bobbins on one quilt. Good job getting it done.

Cherie in St Louis said...

The progress you’ve made on the DNP is amazing....congratulations!! Can’t wait to see it finished

Frog Quilter said...

Congratulations on the quilt and being ahead of schedule, always a good thing. Don’t forget to take care of yourself. Hugs.

Elle said...

This bin was mammoth sized! You're doing an amazing amount of cutting this month.

I can't wait to see the final results of bins of ready-to-go pieces. THEN, the quilts that come out of them. I will be anxious to see how MANY quilts come out of them. I think there should be a guessing contest ;-)

Kathy S. said...

You're getting there!