Saturday, December 5, 2020

Scrap-a-palooza day 11 and the DNP quilt top

Another box empty!
Typical sized pieces
More pieces and parts to be made into blocks
Here is the next bin I will be working on. I picked it because of the large bins I have left, it was the lightest in weight. LOL!!
I finally set up the ceramic Xmas tree that has been in a box since I moved. The picture of it outside also has a reflection of the street light. The tree is kind of small for the size of the window, but it is what it is. I also took a picture inside so you could see what it looks like lit up. Yes, I used one of my bins of scraps to prop up the tree high enough so it would show thru the window.
Here is what the DNP top looks like - about the same, but I have made progress.   I had to make more sashing and now only have the bottom right rows to sew together. My design wall is just not big enough! I also spent time cleaning up the studio and washing that dark gray fabric I will be using for the border and also washed the backing fabric. I will have to get my big 8' x 8' table cleared off so it will be easier to pin the rows together for stitching, making and attaching the borders, and pin basting this quilt.

3 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea how large your big scrap bins where!!! Your tree looks festive:-)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have a tiny ceramic tree, maybe 12" tall that my mother painted about 50 years ago. I need to get it out for a little cheer around here.

Kathy S. said...

The tree looks great from outside! Way to go on trimming and organizing those scraps. 2021 will be very productive on putting them together and finding ways to use them.