Saturday, December 26, 2020

Christmas is over, Scrap-a-palooza day 31 and 32, and snow

Where do I start? Here is the quilt. It fit the bed perfect and the color was spot on. My brother who lives in Texas called me and couldn't believe I got the thing quilted and bound in 9 days. I was surprised too!  The walls look black in this picture, but they are the dark teal just like in the quilt. 
Here is my Xmas present. In case you don't know whose picture is on the candle, it is Jon Bon Jovi. What a hoot!
I received a postcard from Vicki today. SO pretty! I will add it to the design wall to be displayed year round for me to enjoy along with the other postcards I have received from Vicki over the years. Thank you Vicki!
I stayed overnight at my son's house so when I got home yesterday late afternoon the first thing I had to do was shovel snow. Overnight we had received 6" of snow. I think one of my neighbors had used a snow blower on my driveway, because there was only around 3 - 3 1/2 inches left for me to shovel. Thank goodness. By the time I got done it was dark. The temp was down to 1 degree with the wind chill. Burr!!!! I was so tired by the time I was done all I could do was to sort scraps into piles of pieces that were the same size.
Here is what the snow looked like from my studio window this morning. It was just too cold to go outside. Tomorrow it is forecasted to get up to 41 which will seem like a heat wave!
I did work on scraps today. Here is what I have gotten cut so far.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

The quilt looks great! You sure got a workout with the shoveling. What's the next project? I need to spend some time this week thinking about my goals for the next few months. I can't plan a whole year.

Frog Quilter said...

The snow is always so pretty. Take some time for yourself, you deserve it.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I was surprised you got the quilt quilted so fast too. It looks great on the bed.
We didn't get the snow but had the cold. We are getting the heat wave today of the low 40s. It sounds like we mmight get rain turning to flurries late this afternoon.

Cherie in St Louis said...

The quilt looks fabulous on the bed in your brother’s room! Amazing work getting it quilted so quickly....is speedy your super power? Our place in in EvansCity got 6-7” of snow....I was sad to have missed it as our move isn’t scheduled until the first of Feb.