Tuesday, August 11, 2015

UFO busting report and last night's activities

UFO Busting 2015

Well, it is time to report on my UFO busting and link to Vicki at Field Trips in Fiber. I haven't busted a thing. All I have been doing as you know is working on the t-shirt piece. Maybe I will get something done after the deadline arrives and I turn it over to the show.

Saturday when my friend came over to pin baste, she brought me some peaches! Aren't they beautiful? Before I started back in on the t-shirt quilt I peeled and cut them up.

They were a bit hard to get off the stones. They are so juicy and sweet.

Another friend had given me some fresh caught lake trout. I had marinated it in soy sauce, garlic, and a little brown sugar. It cooked while I was cutting up the peaches. Guess what I had for dinner and am having for breakfast this morning? It is so good!

So I continued work on The Beatles shirt. I finished the outlining of the Beatles and then backstitched the THE.

I have floss bobbins scattered on the sewing table, the floss box lid, and at the sewing machine table where I work. I am bad about putting the bobbins back in the box in numeric order after I pull them out to see if the color is what I want to use. They will all be back in the box once I am done. The bobbins to the left of the floss box are colors I have used and I want to keep them separate in case I need to add more of those colors.

I wish I had some turquoise floss. I may have to make a run to the store.

I did get one of the patches I ordered off of eBay in the mail last night.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I don't like fish, bit it always looks so good. I can almost taste the peaches though!