Monday, August 10, 2015

Still emboridering - more, it needs more!

Friday night and Saturday morning I didn't get any embroidery done because I didn't feel very good. I forced myself to at least work on sorting and filing paperwork on Saturday until my friend came over in the afternoon to pin baste a quilt on my big table. When she was done she wanted to see the t-shirt quilt. She said it need more! More embroidery and embellishments, more rock and roll! She asked if I had any studs or stuff I could use to embellish. She does make a number of beautiful art styled quilts so I do trust her opinion.

I did have some pyramid studs and some skull studs I had bought for another project and she like those. After she left I searched around for other possible items to add and here is the stuff I found. The beads in the upper right are from costumes wore by dancers for Jimmy Buffett. Now I know JB is not rock n' roll or metal, but the beads are pretty cool. I don't know if I will use them or not, but at least they are an option.

It took me at least 4 hours to put the yellow border around the Beatles t-shirt. I ran out of the floss I was using and had to substitute another yellow in order to finish, but it looks fine. I just got started with the hot pink around the lettering.

My friend suggested I use a bright green to outline Ozzy and it looks great!

I also added a row of orange stitching to the Aerosmith shirt. It makes that block pop a bit more than the sad row of blue I had already done.

My fingers are sore, but I am going to keep at it until time runs out. I think I have to hand the quilt over on the 24th of August.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Now THESE I know! And love what you are are doing with it!