Friday, January 30, 2015

Quitling and snow

Last evening my SIL came over to shop my stash. She is getting back into sewing and needed to make another baby quilt for someone her husband, my brother, works with. She had bought a green, blue, cream, tan, and brown stripe, but could find anything to go with it. Here are four fabrics that she took a piece of for the quilt. I didn't think to take a picture of the stripe fabric, but at least she was happy and can now start to work on the quilt today.

I did get a little bit of the next UFO quilted this morning. I was so tired last evening I just couldn't even sew. I need to get this one done by end of day tomorrow so I can count it for a January finish.

Yesterday we had icy rain/rain and early this morning it has turned into snow. Thank goodness I only have to drive 1.1 miles to work as the streets were awful! Here is what our parking lot looks like.

I plan on staying home this weekend and sewing. I think I have enough veggies and fruit on hand that I won't need to go to the grocery store. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Standing about 100 years from the building in the forest....with the wildlife and freezing my buttoski off. Miss my friends!!! Home Sunday and back. To normal