Thursday, January 22, 2015

Progress on the quilt

I finished up the machine quilting this quilt so I will be at least working on the binding tonight after work.

Despite getting 2-3" of snow yesterday before lunch, I slapped on my YakTrax's and went for my walk right after I got to the house from work. The main roads were ok, but the side streets were snow and ice covered. The YakTrax make all the difference even though my new boots have really good tread on them. Just to let you know, I wear a 9 1/2 shoe and I bought a large sized pair of YakTrax. I had a set of medium ones and they were stretched to the max which caused them sometimes to pop off, the wires started breaking, and some of the connecting rubber web strips that the wires are wrapped around broke from over stretching. In this case, bigger is better!

No comments: