Friday, January 9, 2015

T-shirt quilt and snow/wind/cold

I was happy to get another section of the t-shirt quilt done last evening. This is the front and back of a t-shirt. I also got the orange improv pieced section quilted on the upper right. I outlined the large letters STATE BOUND and meandered the rest. It is hard to sew thru the rubbery stuff that the letters are made out of and it looks terrible to have quilting go thru those areas so I just outline them.

All I have left to quilt is this section
and the Joe's Crab Shack t-shirt

I am so excited about getting this quilt done, I went and pulled from my UFO pile a group of baby quilts that I want to work on this weekend to get ready to quilt.

I need the baby quilts for my stash of giveaway quilts and I want to have them ready to possibly try out some new all over quilting designs. I borrowed these DVD's from the library and plan on watching them this weekend.

The temperature has risen a bit
but the wind has been howling! It was hard to fall asleep last night between the wind and the house sounds. It was hard to tell how much snow we got overnight since it was drifting with the winds. I was up at 2 a.m. and it was snowing hard. Here is a view from the garage as I headed out to work.

Have a great weekend and stay warm!

1 comment:

Marti said...

I'm impressed. I let someone else quilt my t-shirt quilt. What kind of machine are you using to quilt it?