Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2014 stash report

I did a better job this year keeping tabs of my stash additions and subtractions. I am not out to accomplish anything is particular by doing this, but I find it interesting and I may learn something about myself from knowing this info. This year the stash increased by 224 yards with 18 yards of fabric that I won and 6 yards of fabric that was given to me. In the 22 finishes for 2014 I used 173.5 yards which leaves me with a gain of 50.5 yards. On this note, here are some pictures of my stash.

This section holds my bolts of whites, music fabric, linens, stacks sorted by color, and African Dutch wax. Way up on top are boxes with patterns, interfacing, Velcro, elastic, and scraps. To the left is my brother's wool quilt and it is sitting on top of three containers of scraps.

I keep my precuts that I have won on the window sill.

Here I keep the box of Velcro and elastic I use for making covers, some clothing fabric, hand dyes, flannels, rolls of drapery lining, car cover fabric, duvetine, and vinyl. On the floor in front of the shelving unit are my three cases of Sulky rayon thread. I use to machine quilt most of my quilts with Sulky rayon - not so much anymore.

In this section are my UFO's, more hand dyes in the white box, scraps in the small Rubbermaid boxes, FQ's in the black boxes and the Rubbermaid box they are sitting on, Halloween fabric, red and yellow fabrics (for a quilt someday!), and to the right a box of vintage fabrics with backing and batting scraps sitting on top.

In the closet I have 10 yard bolts of fusible interfacing for t-shirt quilts, large yardages of fabric on hangers, my small stash of finished baby quilts, stacks of finished quilts, and the storage containers with my son's old clothes, vintage fabric, wools, and fancy fabrics like silk and tulle.

Under the desk are two more boxes of scraps with more scraps on top of the blue container and the wool batting for my brother's wool quilt.

So that is my stash. I do have other sewing related items in another closet like zippers, lace, trims, etc and my rolls of batting are in the guest bedroom.

3 comments:

MariQuilts said...

So impressive....keeping count like that. It would be interesting but I'm scared at what I might discover if I did that.

WAZOO! Quilting said...

Lordy! It is so refreshing to see a real stash as it probably looks all the time!! Mine looks a lot like yours, but I know where everything is... Some of the blogs and Pinterest pics show tidy, perfectly stacked and color coded stashes, all stored perfectly in beautiful shelving units and armoires with gee-haws and pretties by them. How do these people work? Thanks for sharing a working quilter's stash.

Brenda said...

I know I bought more than I used up, but occasionally I get ruthless and give fabric away or make a bunch of pillowcases just to move stuff from stash into useful objects.