Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Getting ready for some time off

Look who was in the backyard having a snack around 5 p.m.? They are getting big!

I worked on hand stitching the binding on the xmas quilt. I am a little more than half way done.

While I was hand stitching I watched the 4th stage of the TDF. I was the race of truth otherwise known as a team time trial. Here is one team on the start line

Here is my boy Peter Sagan, wearer of the green jersey, waiting with his team to take off.

Here is a different team on the course all lined up in a row pedaling like crazy!

This stage took place in Nice, France.

I am taking a day of vacation on Friday so it will be a four day weekend! I plan putting a second coat of paint on the office and then tearing the closet apart in that room and painting it. I want to get another room done. Then all that will be left to do is get the floors refinished, install the closet doors, and install the baseboard. I have some other projects in mind, but I always have more on my list than one human can possibly get done in four days. I do plan on pin basting the Halloween quilt and try to get started on machine quilting it. I need it done by Oct. 31, which seems like a long ways away, but when it took me 36 days to get the yellow and gray quilt quilted this one will take a bit longer. The Halloween quilt has 30 blocks just like the yellow and gray quilt, but I added a bottom and left border which will add to the time. Without counting the borders, I am looking at getting the block quilted by Aug. 7. I still need to make two quilts for the beginning of Oct. for birthday presents so no messin' around for me. The time will go quick!

Take care and have a safe 4th!

No comments: