Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Progess on the pink and brown quilt - the tree is fixed

I made two blocks with the puppy dog fabric - see the second one down on the right and the middle bottom blocks.

This morning while I was waiting for the tree men I sew the blocks for the other pink and brown quilt together into a top.

Here are the six blocks I have left over.

I can't believe I have used almost all my brown fabric. In order to make three more brown blocks I will have to mix fabrics so I laid out pieces that are close in color. I will rearrange the blocks so the mixed blocks are scattered thoughout the top.
Here is the pink I will use for the three pink blocks I need.

The tree men arrived this morning on time. It was a different crew. They looked at the tree and could see how it was improperly trimmed. Here is one of the men up in the tree. If you make the picture bigger you can see the end of the limb the other crew hacked off. This fellow fixed that.
Here is the final product. The tree looks much better. Yes, there is still some wildness at the top and toward the top right, but that was not in the original agreement and I was not about to try and take advantage of them. I was just glad they came back and fixed the side next to the house.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Oh yes, that's much better!