Friday, August 21, 2015

The deadline

I finally know the deadline time and date. I have to turn my piece in on Sunday or Tuesday. Since I will be downtown on Sunday to get my piece professionally photograph for free I will do that then drop the quilt off at the venue. The organization uses the photo for the slide show and for the voting system.

So I have tonight, Saturday, and part of Sunday to finish up this piece. Last night I did get part of the "Black In Black" stitched. I ended up spending a couple hours on the phone with my sister and one of my brothers which shorten my stitching time, but the phone calls were important so I don't mind putting the stitching aside. So here is what I did get done.

Once I get that finished my plan is to stitch the large lettering on the Pink Floyd shirt in a vibrant orange

Stitch the Red Hot Chili Peppers in acid green

And finish the Metallica shirt. After that it will be the embellishments and I am calling it done!

When I started this piece I had no idea I would be spending this much time on it. I will be glad to have my life back once it is delivered to the venue!

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Win! Win! Win! good luck!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

It is the race to the finish line, you are on the home stretch! SO cool that you are going to have it professionally photographed - I cannot wait to see the pictures!! :D