I did end up getting another project to do this weekend. I needed to get a tutorial made up for how to install a quilt on a quilt frame. My quilt frame - which I have not used for over 15 years - is going to California to the woman who is the bass player for a band my brother has done work for. She is learning to quilt and needs a frame. I found a quilt that I want to hand quilt (I do this without a frame - crazy as that sounds!) so I could show how to baste the quilt together and how to installed it on the frame. So after I took all the photos, all I had to do was take out the stitching holding the quilt onto the pole fabric. I took lots of pictures and next will be printing those out and adding written instructions. That will keep me busy at lunch the rest of this week. The truck picking up the frame with be thru Akron either the 10th or the 13th so I have to get the instructions done. I have the frame packed and ready to go.
I started working on the baby quilt backings next. I got a good start on them until I went to see my nephew play Saturday night at a local watering hole. He did a real good job as usual.
Here is one quilt pin basted
and another one pin basted
For the third quilt, which is an I Spy quilt for the daughter of a friend of my son's, I wanted to piece the little girl's name on the back. I have most of it done, but I am not crazy about the letter y that I pieced. I think I will change it.
I scored a great deal on 120 spools of my favorite sewing thread that is no longer manufactured. I also ended up with 42 spools of quilting thread. I I paid about $.67 a spool! I don't think I will have to buy any sewing thread for a long time!