Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Back to the Dutch wax quilt

Remeber this pucker I had on the Dutch wax quilt? That was August 25th post.

Well, I got the quilting ripped out and I tried again. I pressed, smoothed, and pin basted and I managed to get about 6 more inches quilted before it was puckering again. So I ended up ripping out about 3 inches - by this time I am getting good at the ripping out part! I dug around and found a can a basting spray I have had for years. I sprayed the front, the back, and tried again. Success! So now the quilting is done! I cut out the binding so tonight I will work on sewing that on. I know the binding doesn't look like it belongs with this quilt, but the back is completely different from the front. I am going to do a facing type binding, so the binding will not show on the front.

1 comment:

QuiltSwissy said...

I like the material u chose for the binding and the backing. Sort of shadowy stuff.

Show the whle front when you finish. I love it.

glen