Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Emergency project

Someone who works with my brother needs some covers for keyboards. The fellow wants vinyl tops and black sides. I wasn't able to order some darker fabric for the sides because I was so under the weather I couldn't even think about doing that. What I ended up doing is figuring out how much fabric I needed for the sides, cut a chunk of duvetyn, and cleared off this table in the garage so I could Scotch Guard the fabric. This will help any moisture to roll off the fabric. Good grief my garage smelled of Scotch Guard! Duvetyn is flame resistant fabric that I make some covers out of.  
Thank goodness I had bought a bunch of vinyl to have on hand. I pulled the smaller roll and got 4 out of the 5 pieces for the vinyl tops cut out. I still need to trim them to the correct width.
Here are the pictures the fellow sent me.
I am not 100% sure this is what the fellow had in mind, but when you don't have the equipment in front of you it is hard to get a tight custom fit. I am going with a looser fit so the cover goes over wires and the knobs. They might not be exactly what he had in mind, but they will be better than what he has which is NOTHING! LOL!! Apparently, they had a show and the rain was biblical; everything got soaked. If nothing else they can keep the keyboards covered before the show to keep the dust off of them. I need to have these done yesterday so you know what I will be doing tonight. I have felt so bad I couldn't even think about making these last week, but even though my ears still are clogged up I am feeling better - yeah!  I made a couple pedal board covers a while back and was worried if the guy would be happy with them.  He said it was better than the plastic shower curtain he had been using so he was happy.  I need to stop worrying about these keyboard covers and just get something made.  

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope he knows how fortunate he is to have someone that will tackle that project. I would be running the other way.