Friday, January 5, 2018

How cold is it? Amazingness and last fabric purchase of 2017

It is cold, really cold. Not the coldest I remember, but it is in the top five. Right now in NE Ohio is it -2 F or -19C. With the wind chill it feels like -18F. Now that's cold! I can't complain because I have a nice warm house and office. The bitter cold weather has made me more tired even though I have not been out in it much. It is supposed to warm up to 27 Sunday, 37 Monday, 34 Tuesday, 44 Wednesday, and 46 Thursday. 46 on Thursday will be a heat wave! Time to head to the beach! LOL!!

I have been keeping a big secret, but now I can reveal it. My nephew went to California a few months ago. He was asked to participate in a new show on MTV call Amazingness. The host is the same fellow that does the show Ridiculousness. Amazingness is a talent show and six contestants compete for a $10,000 prize. The episode Michael is on airs tonight at 9 on MTV. I don't know the outcome, but it will be fun to watch.

Hancock's of Paducah had a sale before Xmas - 20% off the entire site. I thought I would take a look and I found some good stuff. I headed immediately to the Clearance section. I was looking for backing for all the baby quilts I planned on making. Here is what I found:

From bottom to top: the light pink flannel will be backing for a pink flannel quilt, the white fabric with little fish will be baby quilt backing, the dog bone I bought just in case my brother needs more doggie quilts, the neutral fabric is for baby quilt backs, the orange print - I needed more light colored fabrics when I get into cutting up my oranges for herringbone quilts, and the fuchsia pink flannel is for the pink flannel quilt. I bought a total of 24.5 yards, got free shipping so it came to $3.50 a yard for first quality goods! Can't beat that!



5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Cool opportunity for Michael!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It was -5 F here this morning, and was -13 Monday, -14 Tuesday in the morning. We are looking forward to Sunday to get above freezing too.

You got some great deals on the fabric. It's the only way to buy backing fabric.

Ann said...

How exciting to see your nephew on TV. He obviously comes from a talented family.
Congratulations on all the quilt backs.

Kaja said...

Good luck to your nephew - so much musical talent in your family. $3.50 wouldn't get you a fat quarter here!

swooze said...

I’ll have to catch the show in reruns. Love all the quilts you showed previously.