Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Another blue top on the design wall and making progress on baseboard

I laid out another blue herringbone quilt top on the design wall. This is a column one again, but with darks and lights. There is more contrast with this one that the dark and medium one.

Crawling around on a wood floor nailing baseboard is not my idea of a good time, but it has to be done. I now have the master bedroom's baseboard all nailed including the closet except for one piece. I should have taken a picture of the one piece I didn't install. The problem is there is a gap between the baseboard and the edge of the wood floor. I will have to get a piece of flooring, have it ripped down to fill the gap, and poly it so I can install it in the gap. Shoe mold would cover the gap, but I am not installing shoe mold so therefore the gap would show. I have a place in the living room the same way. I will take pictures of this when I go to fix it so you can see what I am talking about. I still have to putty the nail holes and caulk the baseboard and casing, but I just could not crawl around on the floor anymore. At least I have the bedroom almost put back together which feels so good! I did install this picture ledge I bought when I went to IKEA. Here is the before and after

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think those picture shelves are such a good idea. You can change out pictures and not worry about a nail hole to fill.