Thursday, January 4, 2018

AHIQ #28

What I worked on for the last couple of months wasn't improv, but I was trying to build a stash of baby quilts and get a handle on my fabric stash. I needed to work on using up scraps and larger pieces of odd shaped fabrics. I started out with pink and completed 5 quilts and two tops.

I know - that is a lot of pink quilts, but in 2017 I gave away all the pink/girl quilts I had. I am now working on blue quilts and then I will mix up the colors and add some black and white. I made three quilts for the AHIQ in 2017 - a Chinese coin, a wool quilt, and the R.E.M. quilt in the header for my blog. It was for the High Arts Prize.

I enjoyed participating in the group especially since the "rules" are very flexible! Thanks the Kaja and Ann for sponsoring this event.

2 comments:

Ann said...

A baby quilt stash is a useful thing. The one I had is depleted so I need to get busy like you. And they use our scraps. Win/win. Your pink and white variations are lovely and provide food for thought. Same fabrics + different patterns = very different results.
Your Chinese Coins has always been one of my favorites. You have such a good eye with neutrals. Thanks for participating in AHIQ where we don't really have any rules but ideas and reflection.

Kaja said...

You know I am a fan of all your AHIQ pieces already, but I've also really enjoyed watching you blast your way through your pink scraps. I'm looking forward now to seeing what you do in 2018. Happy New Year!