Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Pin basting

I got about 3/4 of the R.E.M. quilt pin basted last evening.

I had to mow the front last night, water the transplanted ornamental grass and the Shasta daisies, and do a load of laundry. I can see where there are some green blades coming up on the ornamental grass and the daisies look like they are doing well.

My brother sent me another picture of Captain and how that quilt perfectly fit his bed.

I wasn't sure if I would find any goodies on my walk this morning, but the kids did not disappoint me. The smashed pencils went into the trash.

Here are all the writing instruments I have found this school year so far.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Having grown up at the beginning of World War 2 we were taught to take care of everything and don't lose it because there won't be a replacement. I had one pencil. Kids nowadays are growing up in the plastic age of everything can be discarded (carelessly) and they will always have more.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

The house Is really looking good! So many pencils!

Quilt is looking good, progress is impressive! You might just make this deadline! LOL