Tuesday, May 30, 2017

One Monthl Goal report

http://www.elmstreetquilts.com/p/omg-one-monthly-goal.html
Elm Street Quilts









My goal this month was to get the R.E.M. quilt top together. Well, I did that and more! I spent part of Sunday and all day Monday quilting the top. I stitched in the ditch around all the denim pieces and around the pockets to nail them down. Here is a picture of the back of the quilt showing the outline of one of the pockets. Yes, it is hard to see the stitching.

I got almost all the t-shirts quilted!

I have a little bit of this shirt left to quilt. I ran out of bobbin thread, it was going on 7:30 last night, and I was getting tired so I will finish quilting this shirt tonight.
and these two still need quilted

I did get an little embroidery and hand quilting done too. Now that the free motion machine quilting is almost done, I will be taking this everywhere with me to do the hand work when I have nothing else to do or I am sitting at the merchandise booth for my nephew's band. Our first gig is Saturday so I am ready!

Friday night I met with another door salesman and he had a better door with a better warranty for $1500 less than the fellow I signed with on Thursday. I cancelled the order with Thursday's guy and signed up with the Friday guy. I will get my new door July 21.

I spent a lot of time Saturday working in the yard. It was almost 80 and very humid so I could only work for about an hour before I had to go back inside and cool off. I trimmed, then went inside, I mowed the front and sides, then went inside, cleared out the weeds and tall grass around one of the pines, then went inside, and lastly I cleaned up the garage. I noticed that the Shasta daisies have flower buds already! These are the plants that I transplanted so all the rain with intermittent sunshine has done them good! I also had fertilized them so that may have helped.

These orange lilies have also shot up flower heads in the last few days. The deer will come along and eat some of the flowers, but not all so I will get some color.

The back yard is next on the list to attack. It rained hard again last night and the back stays wet longer so I don't know if it will dry out enough to mow tonight or not.

6 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

You are definitely crack-a-lacking!

Kaja said...

Wow - how did you fit in all this quilting and the gardening? I like the wee bit of hand stitching you have already added - I think it really gives an added dimension. Also, the fabric on the quilt back is amazing!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We were lucky to have low humidity the last 4 days. It has been windy too so it doesn't feel too hot. I dread the humid days of summer that will be here all too soon. I have buds on my little lilies too. When the peonies are done the lilies start blooming.

Edith said...

Great quilt, I like how you are quilting it.

Patty said...

What a fun quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

Cool Stuff! I adore!