Wednesday, March 22, 2017

The beauty of a stash

Over at Humble Quilts I decided I wanted to participate in a doll quilt swap. I threw my name in the hat and I was accepted. The fabrics that are to be used are 1910 or before prints. Since I have a pretty good stash that contains vintage fabrics, I just happen to have some authentic turn of the century prints in a wonderful blue color.

I also have some different colors of prints, but I was thinking maybe I would pair the blue up with white shirt prints. I knew I had some years ago, but did I still have them? Yes I did! Here is what I found

So I am good to go on this project. The quilt can't be bigger than 24" square and has to be mailed by May 1. I can do that!

My brother also called and asked if I would make two covers for his son - one for a keyboard and one for an amp. Of course, I said yes. I have plenty of car cover fabric and flannel to line them with.

And he measured everything adding slack. Now I just need to get started!

2 comments:

swooze said...

Do you have a deadline on your covers? I read someone's blog that uses headliner. I thought that was an unusual material but makes great sense for lined things.

Vicki W said...

You are such a good Auntie!