Thursday, October 2, 2014

Need your eyes

As the day approaches for awarding the prizes for the Akron Art Prize on Saturday night, I am thinking about entering a piece in next year's event. I would like to make a piece using t-shirts with a theme of hard rock/metal/heavy metal bands. I have learned that finding these types of t-shirts at resale shops can be difficult as people have a tendency to hang on to them whether they fit or wear them or not. So here is where your eyes come in. If you happen to run across any at a bargain price would you let me know? I will pay for the shirts and the shipping (U.S. only - it would be way to expensive for international). There is a Goodwill store I pass when I get my hair cut so I will be stopping there on Saturday to start my search. I also need to keep a lookout for Harley Davidson shirts for a fund raiser quilt I want to make and donate to a event next year that my nephew's band will be playing at.

I didn't get too much done on the MM quilt as I was tired last evening. I spent most of my day at work lifting file boxes and sorting thru files for one of the project managers. He moved out of his office in the field and just dumped everything in boxes. I need the organized everything for achieving and throw away the stuff we don't need. I did get the white part of two blocks quilted.

I have a lot of stuff going on this weekend so I will be taking tomorrow off as a vacation day. Again, a haircut, the Akron Art Prize ceremony, delivering the Halloween birthday quilts, and picking up my "Where's Jimmy?" quilt on Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

this is wonderful! An excuse for hitting the Purple Cow. I wanted to go there all this week, but don't need anything. I knew I would come home with a lot of stuff though. Now Ihave an excuse!

Harley and hard rock......what can be greater than that!