Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Embrace the orange

Here is where I am with the Moda Halloween quilt from last night and this past weekend. I decided I needed to embrace the orange and ended up buying a few more pieces so I had more to play with. I think before I just had a smattering of orange and didn't have enough orange to achieve the look I was going for. I want the orange, since it is the strongest color, to dance across the quilt. Here are the new Moda ones I bought from Hancock's. They had free shipping and I have to say they shipped the fabric very fast this time! Usually I have to wait at least a week or more to get my orders from them.

So here is what the quilt looks like now. As you can see I need a bigger design wall! I don't want to cut down my blocks until I have the placement worked out so my only choice is using the floor.

I have to get this quilt top sewn together and pin basted this weekend. November 30 will be here before I know it!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

love it! Next summer we have to have a Halloween Quilt Marathon!