Thursday, October 23, 2014

DP progress and MQG meeting

Once I got home from the MQG meeting last evening there was a box at the front door. It was the flannels I had ordered for the DP quilt. Now I have something to work with! I want a scrappy look so I picked a wide variety of plaids.

I unfolded them and notice that the solids varied in length - anywhere from 18 1/2" to 22". I had ordered a half yard of each of these.

The flannels were washed and dried this morning before I went to work so they are all ready for pressing and cutting tonight after I get home from work.

I did make a couple more blocks and I am playing with the layout. Plaid circles with solids on the outside and plaid circles with solids on the outside or each circle with two plaids and two solids that are positioned opposite each other. Once I get more blocks made I will figure out how I will arrange the blocks.

There were four of us at the MQG meeting last evening. Here is what was brought for show and tell:

a baby quilt top by June

A wall hanging from Joanna

Stephanie's quilt with the cute backing with orange and yellow hearts

Stephanie also brought this very cool tear away stabilizer printed with Ann Arbor on it. She bought it from http://www.hapticlab.com/collections/diy-kits.

I showed the group my Michael Miller challenge quilt.

I will be taking vacation tomorrow - I like working 4 day weeks! - and I will be sewing up a storm! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Have a fun sewing weekend!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

That map thing is awesome. I showed it to my la traveling quilt group. two of them have Louisiana themed quilts!