Monday, October 13, 2014

Back from Charm

I spent Friday and Saturday working at Miller's Dry Goods Quilt Shop in Charm, Ohio.
It was Charm Days and all the merchants were having sales as well as community activities occurred. The weather was beautiful. I kept fairly busy waiting on customers, but had some welcomed breaks during the day to get a snack or shop for myself. I didn't buy a lot, but did score some good deals. All the fabric was 20% off. I found a few more pieces of fabric for a quilt I need to make next year for an wedding anniversary. Here is what I found
Which goes with these I already had. I now have enough different pieces for what I want to do.

These are remnants that I picked up in the bargain basement. All good pieces that will be useful.
The I picked up these three pieces in the bargain basement.

I also scored some flannels from the basement. I want to make a new flannel quilt for my bed so I was glad to add these to my stash.

I called my friend, Peg, on Friday night and went shopping for her in the bargain basement on Saturday. She wanted some orange fabric and some tone on tone black or black and white fabric. Here is what I found for her.

On Saturday there were 7 or 8 women who came to the store to buy fabric. They had been at Nancy Crow's barn all week at a workshop. They didn't have enough fabric so Nancy sent them to Miller's to buy more. They ladies were buying solid colors and Miller's have over 200 bolts of solid colors not including whites and off whites. I had a wonderful time talking to the ladies and finding out where they were from. The bought a lot of fabric as they had another 5 days of their workshop.

I got home at 6 p.m. on Saturday. I was still very tired on Sunday so I didn't accomplish very much. Doing laundry, making a pot a chili and brown rice, and unpacking was enough! My friend, Stephanie, did come over on Sunday afternoon and I helped her pin baste a couple of lap sized quilts. I did wind some bobbins for the MM challenge quilt, but I just didn't have the energy to sew.

This morning I was up early and did get the with part of this block quilted.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Sounds like it was a fun weekend! I love those large scale flannel plaids that you bought!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like your flannels too. It's always fun to find flannel plaids in bright colors to mix in with the usual ones.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Keep chugging away on the MM quilt! Your weekend at Charm sounds like you grabbed some nice pieces! Interested to see how those purples go for the anniversary quilt!!!