Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Lots to do

Last evening was about cleaning up for the MQG meeting at my house tonight. Much of the time was spent putting away stuff. I still need to vacuum, but the studio looks decent. I am going to demonstrate how I put on a facing binding so I have the first of the two F to F pieces laid out on my big table. I had pressed it and used my bricks to hold it in place as the moisture evaporated. It is now nice and flat and ready for tonight.

I waited until 7:30 to go out and mow the front yard. The temp was still in the low 80's and it was very humid. I was drenched by the time I was done. It was starting to get overcast and just when I got started I saw lighting. I mowed fast! Here is the sky once I got done.

and a few minutes later it looked like this

I saw that my Shasta daisies were finally blooming and here is the first flower. The picture is a bit blurry and dark as the wind was blowing and I needed to get inside because of the lighting.

We didn't get but a sprinkle. I also took the time to repot this cactus that was marked down to $1.00. I love cactus. He was in good shape, but it looked like it must have been knocked over because the wasn't much dirt in the pot. He was very dry so I gave him a good drink of water and now we will see if he survives.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

We had a horrible lightening storm day before yesterday. Carrie is still staying at her in laws this week and has to travel the Mississippi River bridge.l. With all that steel up high in the air!!!!

I like your cactus! He is cute. What have you named him??