Monday, August 25, 2014

Day 13 of F to F

It was a rough weekend with all the coughing, sneezing, and blowing my nose, but I feel better today. These are the friends that got me thru the weekend

I did get the first piece of the F to F challenge all quilted. I then pin basted the second piece and have about 60% of it quilted. At times it was hard to push myself. It seemed like every time I would take a break I would fall asleep in my sewing chair.

I did have to switch out sewing machines. My original Pfaff 1475 started skipping stitches as I free motion quilted. The new machine works like a dream!

I definitely need to send my original to my repair man and have him clean and tune it up. It has not been worked on in years. Here is the control panel on the new machine. I don't think anyone every used this machine.
Now look at the control panel for my original machine. Look at all the nicks! I have no idea how I could have done this. Maybe with the tip of the scissors?

I did go out Sunday morning about 10 to trim the front yard. I was going to mow, but the grass was still too wet from dew and the humidity was 75%. I am going to have to dig deep and mow after work tonight no matter what.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I think that the 1475 is the most perfect sewing machine ever made.