Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Samples and has spring sprung?

I worked on getting my sample blocks and pieces organized last night. Here they are piled up in the order that they will presented. This pile is actually upside down. I need to cut a piece of cardboard to sandwich the pieces to the board I have underneath for transporting them to the lecture. I made some notes in my copy of the program so I have stuff to talk about while I change the pieces on the design board.

I went for a 45 minute walk last evening just to get out and enjoy the weather. The sun was shinning, but the air is still cool. I took a look around the yard to see what was happening. There was a cute group of crocus that the squirrels had transplanted for me and the deer hadn't eaten the flower yet

The Lenten roses are blooming - these are poison to deer

Where it is warmer next to the house because of the brick facing south, I saw my first glimpse of yellow from the daffodils.

There was frost on the roof this morning and the temp is only 43 right now. The sun is shinning, but 43 is still cold!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I was so excited that I was able to open the windows yesterday! Hopefully we can do it today too although the pollen will put a stop to that soon.