Friday, April 11, 2014

Caulking and sewing

I needed to get my new bricked in window caulked because it was suppose to start raining again. I did that and yes, it is raining. I still need to paint the lintel.

I sewed together one block of the multi layer blocks I showed at my lecture so I could email it to Dawn. There was a lady that asked why I didn't trim all four sides of the FQs before I cut the FQ into sections. I explained that the edges become uneven at the sides when you sew the sections together. This was a good question and when I show this technique again I will definitely have an example of a block sewn together but not trimmed so they can visually see what happens. Here is the block.

Look what the UPS man brought me! I got a good deal. The batting was 50% off,I had a coupon for an extra 15% off, and I had a $25.00 gift card from my sister-in-law, brother and Michael for making stuff for the band.
I guess I will be making a few more quilts.

I have plans for the weekend to make a veteran's quilt top for Vicki at Field Trips in Fiber and working in the yard. The rain is suppose to stop so I hopefully can get out in the yard this afternoon (I am taking a half day vacation). I have a load of Sweet Peat coming this afternoon to dress up my flower beds.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: