Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow and Stage 2 36.5" x 39.5"


What a snowy weekend! I woke up Saturday morning to a foot of snow. I spent about an hour and 15 minutes clearing the driveway even though I knew I was not leaving the house. My car would not make it thru that much snow. At least it was sunny both Saturday and Sunday! The plow showed up 2:30 p.m. on Sunday and did a great job clearing the cul-de-sac. I still didn't leave the house.

It was a good weekend to stay inside and quilt. I finished quilting and machine sewed the binding on the scrap quilt for K's daughter's baby. I will post a picture as soon as I get the hand sewing on the binding done. I also got a non-quilting UFO done - replacing a zipper in a sweatshirt jacket and darning a couple of holes in the jacket.

I am posting a picture of Stage 2. Again I had dyed the fabrics and improvisationaly piece. I usually don't have much of a plan. I just think about the major cuts I am going to make and then dive right in.

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Very soothing colors!