Friday they sent us home early because of the storm that was coming our way. This is the first time in 15 years that I can remember being sent home early. I had some baseboard to cut and install, and some touchup painting to do. I then hung my AC/DC piece on the blank wall in my bedroom. Here is the wall
I had some touch up to do at the receptacle and then install the cover. Here is what is looks like now. I get to wake up every morning and see this piece I worked so hard on. I had a couple pin back buttons and a patch I had acquired after the piece was done so I sewed those on before I hung it up. I also changed the hanging rod. I never did like the one I had. I had saved the old trim when I had the front door replaced so I used that as my handing rod. I made a new rod pocket and now the quilt hangs much better.
I sewed Saturday to avoid painting the living room one more day. I did get the 3rd blue herringbone quilt top sewn together
Then I put another one on the design wall and sewed it together
I have the 5th blue herringbone top on the design wall ready to sew together.
Sunday I had no choice, but to paint the living room. My brother was coming over on Monday to help me put the bookcases together so I had to get to painting. The color I was painting, Cloud Cover, was very close to what the color that was on the walls so it is hard to see what didn't get done. I could get the walls up to the ceiling with the paint pole, but the edging still needs done. My ceiling goes from 8' to 13 1/2'. You have to look close to see the edges that aren't painted. This wall is after shot of the wall painted.
These walls are the before shots and are now painted
I painted for six hours and I just didn't have the energy to tackle the ceiling. I am painting the ceiling the same color as the walls. In this picture you can just see the lighter color on the left and where I stopped.
My brother brought over this fabulous ladder that someone gave him. I can reach the ceiling without even using the extension pole!
Now where I am uncomfortable trying to paint is the area at the top of the stairs. I have a neighbor who paints for a living and I texted him to give me a call. I plan on hiring him to do this area.
After I was done painting I made stuff shells so that after Mike and I were done working on Monday he would not have to worry about what to make for dinner. This is something I always do as a bit of appreciation for his help. I ended up with two dishes to give him and the little one was for me. I stuck one dish for him and the little one for me in the oven in the middle of the afternoon on Monday so it would be hot when he got home.
Monday I was up before dawn cracked and made a batch of from scratch cinnamon rolls so my brother would have a little snack while we worked. I sent him home with a container full so that he, my SIL and Michael could have for them for dessert or breakfast. I forgot to take a picture of them, but here are two that I brought to give to the custodian at the school.
My brother arrive about 9:30 and we got to work installing the bookcases I had bought at IKEA a few weeks ago.
We got a good system going and got the bookcases put together in a couple hours. After Mike figured out the best way to attach the bookcases to each other and the wall it was time to get the doors hung. He did the hanging while I put the hardware on the doors.
There is a tv cabinet that goes in the middle. IKEA was sold out of the white ones so I bought the natural finish unit and will paint it to match the bookcases.
We got done about 3:45. I helped him load up his tools, hot food, and clean the snow off his van. Here is what the bookcases look like. I now have a place to put my cookbooks!
I ate my stuffed shells and rested for about an hour. Did some laundry, mending, and made about 6 trips to the garage to haul out all the cardboard. I was tired, but I am very happy with all the progress that was made. I can't wait to install the shelves and put all the storage space to use!