Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The next quilt top and painting

I sanded the primed trim at lunch time so I could dust it off and get the first coat of finish paint on it after work.

all painted

I decided I had made enough blue herringbone quilt tops. I needed to figure out what to do with all the pieces of blue fabric that were hanging on the design wall. I need to make some veteran quilt tops for Vicki of Colorways by Vicki Welsh so I started laying out the pieces to see what I could come up with. The tops are to be 48 x 60 and that works out perfectly as three 16" pieces equals 48". Here is what I have so far. I will have to try and find a few more lights and a few more darks to get 15 rows that will be 4" which equals 60". See it was meant to be!

Tonight I have to get the living room cleared out for my neighbor so he can paint the ceiling. The living room is my workshop for all this fixing up. The tall orange and black ladder will stay, but I will have to find a home for the other stuff.

Progress is slow, but I am making progress!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's going to be a perfect veterans quilt!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh see how good your shelving looks in there!