I know I need to get the binding on the blue log cabin quilt, but I decided to press the feed sacks to see what I had to work with. I think this is going to be an interesting project. I plan on using the extra bag off to the right to fill in places I need to in order to make the quilt top rectangular. This bag has some holes it in anyway so it is the perfect cutter bag. My improv piecing skills are going to come in handy in putting this top together!
I have a bin of vintage printed feed sack fabric and I found two that would work for the binding. I am leaning toward the top one with the red and green.
I am going to have to dig around to see if I have any muslin backing fabric. I think that would be more in line with what would be on the back if this quilt was made 50 - 60 years ago.