Monday, September 25, 2017

13th finish of 2017 and feed sack quilt

Yes I got it done. I threw it in the wash to get the blue marking out so here it is. 58" x 69" various cotton, homespuns, and batiks, warm and natural 80/20 batting, Sulky rayon for top thread, cotton for bottom thread

I made great progress on the feed sack quilt. I now have 33% of it quilted.

A couple of the bags had some damage I had to deal with. The bottom of this bag was ripped so I cut that off and pieced together some scraps of the extra bag. I trimmed the ripped area and pieced in to fill the area.

The chicken feed bag is a thin fabric and there was a hole in the bag. I wanted to lose as little of the bag so I patched the hole with a piece that I had cut off. The piece I cut off was full of holes. At the lower left there are three small holes. I plan on darning those with some free motion stitching.

The top is 67" x 84". I am meander free motion stitching and outline stitching the letters and motifs. I used off white for the backing which I wish now I would have dyed a pale tea dye color. The backing looks too new.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

that has to feel good to have the blue log cabin done and clean!
I didn't realize the feed sack quilt was going to be so big.

Vicki W said...

Congratulations on a big finish! You had a very productive weekend so obviously you weren't out enjoying your new car. ;)

Ann said...

Very inventive log cabin, especially the borders. It's so striking.

QuiltSwissy said...

OMG this is the best quilt!

Kaja said...

I like the way you are tackling the little flaws - all the mends will just add character.