I got to work on my AHIQ project as soon as I got home from work. I needed to take the jeans apart. It went fairly quick as many of the jeans were put together with a chain stitch so all I had to do is get the row started and I could just pull the stitching out in one long piece. I managed to get four out of the seven pair apart to the point where the backs are ready for using. I thought about taking off the pockets, but I think I will leave them. Some of them are sewn on so they will never come off so it would take a lot of work to try and get them off without damaging the fabric.
Here are the three pair left to take apart. I like that I have so many different colors of blue to work with!
Here is the pile of fronts with the waistbands still attached. I will use these for my second block for my AHIQ piece. Once I get all the jeans apart, I hope to figure out how I am going to put this quilt together and what second block I am going to use. If that wasn't enough, I would like to get this done for Father's Day. Yes, I am crazy! That gives me 25 days - plenty of time! LOL!!!
The to do list is growing fast. I found out last night that a box of Harley t-shirts is on its way to me so I can make another quilt to donate to the same fundraiser last year's went to. Here is last year's quilt in case you forgot what it looked like
The fundraiser is on August 19 so I need to get this one done asap! I found a bolt of P44F Pellon for backing the t-shirts in the fabric storage room this morning. Last night I couldn't remember if I had some or not so I was very happy this morning to find that bolt at the top of the closet! I need to watch sales to build my stock back up. I think it was about a year and a half ago that JoAnn's had it on sale and I bought over 125 yards. A t-shirt quilt can use up to 25 yards of the interfacing so I will go thru it quick.
Here is this mornings goodies from the parking lots.