Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Next UFO projects and the yard

I spent two hours last evening for the start of the big yard clean up. After four wheelbarrow loads of debris, the front flower bed looks better even though it is pretty bare. I still need to go back and clean up the nooks and crannies and add more mulch, but at least the majority of the dead leaves and trash are gone. I did spent quite a bit of time spraying weeds. Gosh, they are all ready running amuck!
Before

After

The clouds were very interesting last evening.

It was 7:30 by the time I called it a night with the yard work. I opened up my next UFO to see how many blocks I had quilted before I quit this project. There are a total of 30 blocks and three of them are quilted. I had a bit of the border also quilted.

I started pulling out quilting thread and I can now use a cone of King Tut Parchment that I bought for no reason. It is the perfect cream color that will work for all the off-white fabric in this quilt.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm hacking away at my beds an hour at a time too!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

We did a lot of work over the weekend as well. it is so green here and with all the rain the weeds popped up 6 times as fast as the good stuff!

Those clouds are incredible. they call those Mare' Tails. We haven't seen the sky in days!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The clouds are mimicking your quilt blocks! Wonky strips of clouds.
I have started cleaning away the dead stalks too since some of them are leaning on the grassy areas and it will be time to start mowing in a couple weeks.

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Wow, the before and after of your flower bed is pretty incredible!

I have lots of those big cones of thread that I bought for no reason... Someday I am bound to make a quilt that will go with them right?? :D