Tuesday, January 6, 2015
UFO's with Vicki
I work on trying to complete all my UFO's every year, but I still have a lot to do. Vicki at Field Trips in Fiber is having a UFO busting event for 2015. I spent Sunday cleaning up my fabric storage room and recording my UFO's. Vicki is counting non-quilting items as well as quilting projects so I added some sewing projects that have been needing to get done. Here is my list so far. I think I have listed the worst of it! Us participants are to post on her website once a month our progress. I will be printing out my list and hanging in my studio so if I find that I need something to do I can go look at the list. With 40 items on my list I wonder how many I will get done by Dec. 31, 2015?
1. Done 1/12/15 82.25 x 91.25My niece's t-shirt graduation quilt - in progress. This top was pin basted at the end of 2013.
2.Done 1/24/15 37.75 x 49Baby quilt 38 1/2" x 50" This top was done 4/15/2014
3. Amish diamond 42" square I made this many years ago
4. My one and only convergence quilt. 44" x 43" Done April 2015I made this a number of years ago
5. Hand dyed striped quilt 74" x 85" When I was cleaning up on 1/4/2015 I found this quilt and had forgotten that I had not finished quilting all the black stripes.
6. Done 1/26/15 35 x 46Blue & white log cabin - baby quilt
7. Drunkard Path Flannel 84" x106" Done 9/21/15
8. Small quilt 42" w x 41" from the challenge earlier this year that didn't get picked
9. Log Cabin quilt - this is the second large quilt I had pieced. I had started to hand quilt this and it kept getting pushed aside. After two moves and several home remodels, the quilt was filthy and back then I used the batting that was available - polyester. I took out the hand quilting, washed the top and back, and plan to machine quilt this. This is my oldest UFO - 30+ years - and yes, I am going to get 'er done!
10. Improv musical quilt - queen sized - I have started quilting this, but had to put is aside.
11. Log cabin hand dyed fabric - look at the date - 2010! I don't remember the challenge I made this for, but I am way pass the entry date for sure!
12. Black and white star top - queen sized
13. done 2/5/15 Improv baby quilt 42" x 57.5"
14. done 2/12/15Pinwheel baby quilt
15. Blue and tan log cabin - this is partially hand quilted and has polyester batting. I am going to remove the hand quilting, replace the batting, and machine quilt.
16. Wedding ring quilt for a friend - needs some major TLC!
17. Tea towel quilt
18. T-shirt quilt - Done 10-31-15this is my son's quilt that I took apart to repair and re-quilt.
19. Hockey flannel quilt for my son 81" x 89"
20.. Soccer boy 54 1/2 x 73" I may put a border on this one to make it a bit wider.
21. Scrap black and green 34" x 52" Done 10/27/15this one is partially hand and machine quilted. It has been in this state for years!
22. Maple leaf 78" x 102" the blocks were made by the late sister of a neighbor I had in Dover. I put together the top, because the neighbor does not sew.
23. Danks 90" x 99" this is a young fellow I work with. I made this as a housewarming gift. He and his long time girlfriend have been in their house for 3 years! Up date: they have now been in their house for 5 years and are now married! I need to get this done!
24. Red dog 54" x 65"
25. Done 4/13/15 Cobbles 38" x 49"
26. Red lips 30" x 43"
27. Done November 27, 2015floral 16 patch. I started this 4 or 5 years ago and have no particular plans on what size quilt this will be
28. Done November 2015pink zig zag strips - this could be enough for two quilts. I guess I will find out once I get these sewn together!
29. pre-cut baby quilt. Done 11-9-15I started this several years ago and I am not sure where I was going with this. I guess I will figure it out! I did at least attached a drawing of the block I was originally planning on making.
30. Art museum t-shirt piece. All I need to do is finish up the hand quilting with pearl cotton. This has been sitting around for at least 4 years.
31. Leftover flannel - see the dark green strips laying on top? I found those in my big clean up yesterday! I needed some more solid colored flannel so I am glad I found them!
32. Homespun - this is the remaining fabric from making 4 donation tops in 2014. This will be the end of the homespun in my stash.
33. wool quilt - this quilt was put on hold until my brother could get me the measurements he wanted the quilt to be to fit his bunk on the tour bus.
34. DP solid quilt
35. a pile of socks that need small holes mended Done 10/25/15
36. a pair of pj's that I need to alter for my girlfriend. They belonged to her late husband. He passed away 3 years ago Jan. 2. I need to get these done.
37. Living room drapes
38. guest room curtains
39. African fabric cut. These pieces have been sitting here for quite a while. Let's not even talk about the yardage I have!
40. Done 8/23/15hard rock/heavy metal t-shirt quilt. These are the shirts I have collected so far for this project, but I need more! I have to have a Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Ozzy, and Black Sabbath shirt for this quilt for sure!