Last evening was about cleaning up for the MQG meeting at my house tonight. Much of the time was spent putting away stuff. I still need to vacuum, but the studio looks decent. I am going to demonstrate how I put on a facing binding so I have the first of the two F to F pieces laid out on my big table. I had pressed it and used my bricks to hold it in place as the moisture evaporated. It is now nice and flat and ready for tonight.
I waited until 7:30 to go out and mow the front yard. The temp was still in the low 80's and it was very humid. I was drenched by the time I was done. It was starting to get overcast and just when I got started I saw lighting. I mowed fast! Here is the sky once I got done.
and a few minutes later it looked like this
I saw that my Shasta daisies were finally blooming and here is the first flower. The picture is a bit blurry and dark as the wind was blowing and I needed to get inside because of the lighting.
We didn't get but a sprinkle. I also took the time to repot this cactus that was marked down to $1.00. I love cactus. He was in good shape, but it looked like it must have been knocked over because the wasn't much dirt in the pot. He was very dry so I gave him a good drink of water and now we will see if he survives.